Sunday, January 9, 2011

rabbit breeding

Last night we headed out to the rabbit barn and bred some rabbits. We were out there well over a hour and I think we got some good matches. We left them together over night too. And the plan is to rebreed the same ones next Saturday to make sure it took. I am so ready to have kits again. I miss having the baby buns! (we really need new ones to sell too)

Also groomed our giant angora Popcorn. She is so pretty, but poor girl gets so knotted. Daryl gave her a trim, but after that she wasn't in the mood for breeding so we will breed her next week.

I was still thinking about getting the Leghorn chicks. After spending the $1000 on fencing the budget is a little low so I will have to see how much they are. Won't hurt to wait a month or so on them. I just get excited when it comes to the chickens and getting a few more was pretty exciting!

Ok...gonna finish up breakfast then head outside with Daryl to start the fence! It is cooler today so we better work hard so we warm up!

No comments:

Post a Comment