Monday, November 1, 2010

Nothing

So today is hatch day and NOTHING is happening. I am real sad about it too. Like I get soooo excited about this. I wait for this very day and then to have nothing happen is just depressing. We have never had a unsucessful hatch before. Never...not even our 1st hatch. So the reason daryl built this hatcher was because of the new egg turner we installed in the incubator. There is no way to stop the turner to lay the eggs still 3 days before they hatch. I should have not had different eggs with different hatch dates I guess. When we candled the eggs before putting them in the hatcher everything looked GREAT! But now....today is hatch day and no pip, no peeps, nothing at all. I am loosing hope fast. Now I know I have 6 EE chicks in the chicken house already so I could just be happy with them till spring aand with our Florida winter approaching I need to stop hatching soon. I still have 2 small batches in the incubator, frizzles & silkies that I am waiting on. But, all the EEs are in the hatcher so if it has gone wrong so EEs for now. Tonight I plan to have Daryl take out the egg turner so I can finish off the last 2 batches in the incubator and not move anybody to the hatcher. Wish us luck with the last 2 batches. The problem has to be with the hatcher cause 3 days ago we had chicks moving in eggs.

MARY

No comments:

Post a Comment