Monday, February 7, 2011

virus

So like I mentioned in the previous blog we are pretty sure jenny has a stran of the herpes virus. We bought a vet book over the weekend that showed us pictures and they match the way Jenny looks. I had also called the older man we purchased her from and he knew nothing about it. His Jack is the carrier of it and he needed to know about it. The man is currently selling the rest of his donkeys so I have no idea if he will tell anyone purchasing them. I doubt it. So Daryl I I have read that the virus is the same as with humans and the outbreaks come and go. We do plan to have a vet come out and do a farm call sometime in the next few weeks. I just hope my pretty jenny is not pregnant. Donkey's with Jenny's condition can give birth to babies that have respiratory problems. I would just be happy having my Jenny not go through all that!

So since I was unable to find any info on this I wanted to post about it so maybe I can help other people looking for information. I will post more as we learn more.

MARY

No comments:

Post a Comment